Thursday 19 July 2012

Busy Organising a Craft Fair in Sheerness on Saturday 21st July

Hi everyone sorry Ive not been posting much on here lately. 
But I am very busy organising a craft fair in the church hall in Sheerness on Saturday.
This is the first of many I hope.
I have 13 Stalls with lots of amazing crafty items, 
and some of the proceeds are going towards the Red Cross.

I shall post photo's of the event once its over !

Here are some of the things I have made for the Craft Fair!

Union Jack Decoupaged Wooden hearts with ribbons and buttons!


Decoupaged wooden hearts ! 8cm


Stained Glass Xmas Pudding couldn't resist making this one as I love Christmas.
To the top right Valerie doing a psychic colour reading!


Wonderful knitted items by Lauren

The Craft Fair was a great success lots of amazing and beautiful items where sold and the Red cross Tombola did exceptionally well .
It was a wonderful experience  for me and nice to meet other crafter's. Although I did find it stressful and tiring as I wanted everyone to be happy.
Im almost releaved it is over, as I now know im capable of holding such an event and able to do it well. 
So im very pleased  this event is going to continue into the future on a regular basis. 
I think its so important that Traditional Craft's are kept going, and the Crafter's have an outlet to sell good Quality item's and the outlet is not too expensive and is fun and personal. 
To many bad quality items these day's are commercially made very cheaply with horrid material  in sweat shop's by people who get paid penny's which fall apart .
Well rant over lol .
All the crafter's bar one want to do the next few im holding this year on the 8th September and 24th November. I love it when a plan comes together and feel good for giving something back to the community of Sheerness.

No comments:

Post a Comment